Want to join the Fort Worth Moms Blog (FWMB) team? Do you enjoy building community? Do you love meeting new people and connecting others in your area? Being a Neighbor Group leader may be right for you!
We are looking for several mamas (and a dad!) to join our Neighbor Group leadership team to support and encourage fellow parents by building community in our online Facebook Neighbor Groups! Our Neighbor Group leaders facilitate group discussions, ensure all group rules are being followed, and help organize monthly meet-ups.
Join us in our mission to provide resources, encouragement, and community to parents in the Tarrant County area!
This is a volunteer position that requires five hours per month with a minimum six-month commitment.
Neighbor Group Leader Requirements
- Lives within the designated Neighbor Group area.
- Is a self-starter with a positive and uplifting attitude.
- Desires to connect with others in the community.
- Possesses a passion for nurturing and building relationships.
- Has the time to commit to five hours per month with a minimum six-month commitment.
Neighbor Group Leader Responsibilities
- Welcomes new members to the group.
- Shares a weekly discussion topic in the group.
- Keeps an eye on the feed, alerting the neighbor groups coordinator if group rules are broken.
- Determines, in conjunction with group members, a regular time and place for play dates and/or meet-ups. Posts reminders about the recurring play date each month.
- Communicates with the neighbor groups coordinator regularly.
- When requested by neighbor groups coordinator, posts FWMB information to the group.
- Always represents FWMB in a positive and professional manner.
- Access to the FWMB Neighbor Group leader Facebook group.
- Attendance to FWMB bi-annual in-person and quarterly virtual Neighbor Group leader meetings.
- Opportunity to connect directly with the FWMB readership.
- New friendships and an amazing experience!
We are currently searching for Neighbor Group leaders for the following groups (please note that you must live in the Neighbor Group area or have experience in the topical Neighbor Group for which you are applying):
- Aledo West Neighbor Group
- Northwest Fort Worth Neighbor Group
- Tarrant County Northeast Neighbor Group
- HEB Neighbor Group
- Southeast Fort Worth Neighbor Group
- Tarrant County South Neighbor Group
- Food Allergy Moms Neighbor Group
- Adoptive Moms Neighbor Group
- Moms of Multiples Neighbor Group
- Fertility Discussion Neighbor Group
- Tarrant County Dads Neighbor Group
Applying is easy! Complete the form below or email us at [email protected] for more information!