On January 21, the Fort Worth Moms Blog (FWMB) team experienced an event of a lifetime! Twenty-five FWMB staff entered the beautiful Zodiac restaurant at Neiman Marcus Fort Worth for a real life, big girl dream tea party. (If our daughters only knew . . . . ) On any given day, spending time at the Zodiac is a special treat, but that Saturday was extra, extra special.
You see, Neiman Marcus is a Fort Worth thing — a staple garment woven into the fabric of Cowtown’s culture. Its on-site eatery, the Zodiac, is no less significant. But soon, there will be changes. As many of you likely know Neiman Marcus is moving from its Ridgmar Mall location to its new home in the Shops at Clearfork, opening on February 10. This move is full of excitement and anticipation: What will the new store be like? What new brands will it carry? How will Neimans be the same? Be different?
Yet, on this day in January, as we gathered around beautifully-set tablescapes and perfectly placed floral arrangements, our team couldn’t help but think about all the life and love that transpired in that room these many years. Here we were sitting in a room where countless grandmothers, mothers, daughters, granddaughters, brides, friends, co-workers, committee members — all sorts of women — had broken bread together, celebrated milestones, shared sorrows, and planned for the future. How special and fitting for us to sit in these same seats as we celebrated a year of supporting women in Tarrant County and dream about all we can do in 2017. See? It was extra special.
2016 Was Awesome
That was our motto! During the quarterly “State of the Blog” address, Emily Y., FWMB owner, shared stats that floored us — in all the best ways, of course. Most notable, the FWMB enjoyed a 94 percent increase in page views from 2015 to 2016. THAT IS UNBELIEVABLE! Thank you, dear reader, for supporting and encouraging us so during these months. It is our honor to provide you with content and resources throughout the year.
This upcoming year holds many exciting events, new opportunities, and a whole lot of fun for the Fort Worth Moms Blog! Stay tuned for more details, of course. (Insider’s Tip: Monitor FWMB social media the last week of January for some giveaways! We’ve got something to celebrate!)
And the Winner Is . . .
Yes, we did a little business, but we mostly did a lot of celebrating! This special afternoon centered around the second annual Fort Worth Moms Blog award show. While the event is private, for team members-eyes only, we did have some fun with a Facebook Live video, which can now be viewed on our Facebook page AND our YouTube channel. Or you could watch it right here. 🙂 You can watch us present three awards, including the Mama’s Choice Award, for which you voted!
Without further adieu . . .
FWMB Award Show Winners
- Most Popular Love My Local 2016: “Love My Local: Foster Park,” Elisa
- Most Comments in a Blog Post: “On Being Pregnant After Loss,” Julie T
- At 25 minutes and 42 seconds, the Longest Time Spent on a Page: “The Month I Fed My Family Nothing but Delivery,” Diana
- Best Performing Non-Paid Guide: “The Best Trick or Treat Spots in Tarrant County,” Heidi
- 2016 Volunteer of the Year Award: Elisa
- Critics Choice Award: “The Day I Stopped Wishing for My Children to Stay Little Always,” Jenny
- Mama’s Choice Award: “When Husband Becomes Daddy,” Emily H
- Emily Strong Founders Award: Beth
- Quarter Four 2016 Most Popular Post written by a Fort Worth Moms Blog contributor: “The Hidden Dangers of Posting Pictures of Your Children Online,” Anonymous
- #3 Most Popular Blog Post for 2016, a non-guide written by a Fort Worth Moms Blog team member: “The Day I Stopped Wishing for My Children to Stay Little Always,” Jenny
- #2 Most Popular Blog Post for 2016, a non-guide written by a Fort Worth Moms Blog team member: “Confessions of a Kindergarten Teacher: What Your Child Really Needs to Know Before Starting Kindergarten,” Kristen D
- #1 Most Popular Blog Post for 2016, a non-guide written by a Fort Worth Moms Blog team member: “The Hidden Dangers of Posting Pictures of Your Children Online,” Anonymous
It is our pure delight, our pure joy to serve you through our blog posts, social media, events, Neighbor Groups! Language lacks the words for us to communicate how much you mean to us. Our hearts were humbled and in awe by all the wonderful, encouraging comments you left in the 2016 Reader Survey. THANK YOU for supporting us, for believing the Fort Worth Moms Blog brings value to this community. We can’t wait to walk this road with you in 2017!