Have you ever wished you could try out different types of workouts before committing — either financially or time wise (or both, let’s be honest!)? And you could try out those workouts with other moms who are doing the exact same thing???
Drum roll, please.
Here is your chance! Fort Worth Moms Blog is excited to announce our next events series this January 2017! Yes, you read that correctly, EVENT SERIES! Throughout the month of January, FWMB will host FOUR workout events so that you can try out a variety of excercise styles and philosophies. It’s called The Workout Try Out!
The details go like this: Each workout location and type will offer FWMB readers a private class just for us! Not only will you enjoy this exclusive time, but will also — in true FWMB style — be able to enter to win one of the fun giveaways. You can sign up for all four workout events or you can pick and choose the ones you want.
Ticket prices range from $5 – $10 per workout. Here’s the tricky part: Because limited space is an issue, we have a limited number of tickets for each event. If you want to attend a certain workout, we strongly encourage you to snag your spot before they are g-o-n-e. Each event time frame is 1.5 hours long. Please note the workout will be between 40-60 minutes in duration; the remaining time is for registration, introductions, and giveaways.
Without further ado . . . .
Workout Try Out #1 :: January 14, 10:30 a.m. at PT Fitness. This workout is designed with moms in mind. “A PT Fitness workout is a fun, dynamic program geared towards developing cardiovascular and muscular strength endurance. All of [its] workouts are self-paced and scientifically designed for safe, optimal results. Each PT Fitness workout is circuit-based and is challenging while energetic and encouraging. [Its] gimmick-free system yields lasting results.” PT Fitness offers an indoor and outdoor exercise experience, depending on the weather. It provides individual, group, and athletic training in addition to nutrition help through recipes and cooking classes.
- January 14, 10: 30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- PT Fitness, 1500 Northpark Dr. #126, Fort Worth, Texas 76102.
- Only 25 slots available. Tickets are $10 each and can be purchased HERE. Tickets go on sale to the public at 12:00 a.m., December 19, 2016. Ticket sales end January 13, 2017 at 11:59 p.m.
- Workout is only for adults, 18 years old or older.
- Tips: Bring an exercise mat or heavy towel, dress in layers in athletic gear.
Workout Try Out #2 :: January 19, 4:00 p.m. at Poser Kids Yoga. Not only can you experience the benefits of a clear mind and a strong body, but your kids can too! This Mom and Me edition of the Workout Try Out allows parents and kids to exercise side-by-side. Poser Kids Yoga’s mission is “to empower your child to move mindfully through the poses of their life. We champion core values through entertainment and education.” Mr. Mateo and his team offer numerous opportunites: in-person classes, teacher and corporate training, Poser camps, and the free PoserPortal full of fun yoga videos to do at home.
- January 19, 4:00 – 5:30 p.m.
- 2913 Crockett Street, Fort Worth, Texas 76107.
- Only 70 slots available. Tickets are $5 per person (children and adults) and can be purchased HERE. Tickets go on sale to the public at 12:00 a.m., December 19, 2016. Ticket sales end January 18, 2017 at 11:59 p.m.
- Workout is for children (ages 3-12) and their parents.
- Tips: Poser Pads will be provided for participating children. Adults may bring their own mat/towel.
Workout Try Out #3 :: January 23, 10:00 a.m. at FIT4MOM Fort Worth. FIT4MOM offers three different classes: Body Back, Stroller Strides, and Stroller Barre. What’s all this “stroller” business? Oh, this is a workout opportunity where your little ones can tag along in their strollers! This workout organization is “the country’s largest fitness program for moms offering pre and post-natal fitness classes for every stage of motherhood!” The FWMB event will be a Stroller Strides class, so bundle up those wee ones and get ready for fun!
- January 23, 10:00 – 11:30 a.m.
- FIT4MOM, Clearkfork Trailhead (outdoor) or Wedgwood Baptist Church gymnasium (if inclement/really cold weather), 5522 Whitman Avenue, Fort Worth, Texas 76133.
- Only 30 slots available. Tickets are $10 each adult participant and can be purchased HERE. Children do not have to puchase a ticket. Tickets go on sale to the public at 12:00 a.m., December 19, 2016. Ticket sales end January 22, 2017 at 11:59 p.m.
- Workout is for adults and children ages 0-6.
- Tips: Wear comfortable clothes, including supportive closed toe walking/running shoes. Bring towel or yoga mat (not required but helpful). For the kiddos, bring a snack, favorite toy, etc. The kids will be engaged throughout the workout with bubbles, singing, etc. For their safety and the moms’ peace of mind, children are required to stay in the stroller during class. “FIT4MOM Fort Worth is all about mamas and kids, so we do our best to provide fitness for the ladies and fun for the young ones all in one class! If you have a baby, feel free to wear them in a baby carrier. We have modifications for every exercise, so you can still participate throughout class. Breast and bottle feeding is more than welcome during class. Our instructors are also helpful holding or pushing fussy babies around in the stroller while the mamas complete an exercise.”
Workout Try Out #4 :: January 29, 2:00 p.m. at Pure Barre Fort Worth. Ever wanted to try out the barre workout but didn’t know where to start? Join us at Pure Barre Fort Worth! “Our tried and true method can shape every body and fit any schedule. Draw inspiration from our community of women. Achieve the body you’ve always dreamed of. Sweat away the day. Get lost in the music. Find everything you’re looking for in a workout at Pure Barre.”
- January 29, 2:00 – 3:30 p.m.
- Pure Barre Fort Worth, 3400 W 7th Street, Fort Worth, Texas 76107
- Only 25 spots available! Tickets are $10 per person and can be purchased HERE. Tickets go on sale to the public at 12:00 a.m., December 19, 2016. Ticket sales end January 28, 2017 at 11:59 p.m.
- Workout is for adults 18 years or older.
- Tips: Wear closed toe socks and full or capri length yoga pants.
To stay up to day on all thing Workout Try Out, be sure to follow the FWMB event page. You’ll see who’s going, who is sponsoring giveaways, and more!