I might be a little biased, but I believe Fort Worth has some of the finest (and most unique) cuisine options in the country. And while there are lots of patio options that welcome well-behaved dogs, the following 10 restaurants (and food parks!) will make you drool right alongside your best friend:
1. Woodshed Smokehouse. Located right off of University Drive, adjacent to the Trinity River, Woodshed Smokehouse welcomes dogs in its fairly sizable gravel area. Chef Tim Love has created a menu that pays homage to all things grilled, roasted, and slow cooked. The meat offered on the menu rotates daily, but I am never disappointed in the Woodshed Burger, which consists of a traditional beef patty topped with chopped brisket, the sausage of the day, coleslaw, pickles, and mustard. Also, the Whitefish Dip is out of this world.
But, he didn’t just stop with a drool-worthy menu for you. There is an entirely different menu just for the pups!
2. Cane Rosso. If pizza had a hall of fame, Cane Rosso would be in it. It serves authentic wood-fired Neapolitan pizza (as well as fresh pasta, sandwiches, and salads) that will, quite literally, melt in your mouth. Dogs are allowed in the patio seating area. However, that is not where Cane Rosso’s love of dogs is confined. It has its own non-profit, Cane Rosso Rescue, which is committed to finding homes for abandoned pups in the DFW area. Did your heart just melt faster than a wood-fired pizza?
3. Clearfork Food Park. Food parks contain some of Fort Worth’s finest hidden culinary gems. Clearfork Food Park is located just off of University Drive next to the Trinity River. It is the perfect quick stop for bikers, runners, and walkers utilizing the Trinity Trails. The food trucks vary on any given day, but you can find the daily schedule here. Leashed dogs are welcome.
4. Fort Worth Food Park. Fort Worth Food Park is hidden between two building on Weisenberger Street, just a stone’s throw from West 7th. Again, the food trucks that are parked there vary on any given day, but you can find the daily schedule here. Leashed dogs are welcome.
5. Brewed. Brewed combines two of my favorite things: a good cup of coffee and locally-brewed beer. It also doesn’t hurt that it goes out of its way to procure local ingredients and serve them in an artistic and delicious manner. Dogs are welcome in the expansive patio area.
6. Rodeo Goat. Located on the Corner of Bledsoe and Currie, Rodeo Goat has rightfully been named the “Best Burger in DFW.” It has an expansive list of burgers for carnivores and vegetarians alike! And, in the spirit of not leaving anyone out, dogs are welcomed in the outside covered patio area. Try the Chaca Oaxaca. You won’t be disappointed.
7. Spiral Diner. If you are looking for delicious vegan food (or, just food that is deliciously out of the norm), Spiral Diner is a must-visit. They are also super allergen friendly, with gluten-free and soy-free options as well! Pooches are invited to sit with guests on the patio tables.
8. Ellerbe Fine Foods. Located on Magnolia, Ellerbe Fine Foods is known for serving locally sourced fine cuisine. The menu is constantly changing, but is always delicious. Leashed dogs are allowed on the patio area.
9. Little Lilly Sushi. When you dine at Little Lilly Sushi, you will notice a smaller sushi menu. But, you won’t miss the outlandish specialty rolls here. Its sushi, sashimi, and rolls are delicious enough to stand on their own, without the frills. I recommend going with one of the chef’s specials listed on the board. Your leashed pooch is allowed in the patio seating area.
10. Bird Cafe. Bird Cafe is perfectly located on Fort Worth’s famous Sundance Square. The restaurant focuses on serving small, but incredibly delectable, plates. Dogs are allowed in the patio area.
What is your favorite spot to dine with your dog?