We’re all moms hanging out around this blog, so really, quick and easy is all we have time. That is, unless someone else is watching the kids or by some miracle you’ve managed to time the naps all at the same time. If that’s you, you deserve a pat on the back, Mama!
As the summer is waning, everyone is looking for a new dessert they haven’t tried. This is one of my favorite summer splurges. It’s always a hit with adults and children alike, and it’s so easy your toddler can help you in the kitchen.
- 1 – graham cracker pie crust
- 1 – 8 oz. pkg softened cream cheese
- 1 – 8 oz. container of Cool Whip
- 3 regular size Butterfingers
- 3 T. sugar
- First, unwrap and crush all three butterfingers and set aside.
- Beat the cream cheese until fluffy, then add in Cool Whip, mixing until it is completely incorporated.
- Next, add the sugar to the cream cheese concoction, mixing it in well.
- Fold in the crushed Butterfingers, then finally pour it into the graham cracker pie crust.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
I usually let my little guy help crush the Butterfingers by double-bagging them in a ziploc bag and the backside of a metal measuring cup. Who doesn’t love that step? Easy clean-up, and he’s proud to help. I used low-fat cream cheese because I am 5 months postpartum and still working on baby weight. While not quite as decadent, it was still delicious!
What’s your go-to summertime dessert?